Join us at the nineteenth annual Redland City Mayoral Prayer Breakfast on Friday 27 August 2021 from 6.45am at the Alexandra Hills Hotel and Conference Centre.
The breakfast is a special annual event that brings together the community to raise vital funds for chaplaincy programs for Redlands Coast’s state schools which benefit more than 14,500 local students each year.
Chaplaincy programs provide important social, emotional and spiritual support for Redlands Coast students, staff and families through mentoring, role modelling and pastoral care that enhance wellbeing and educational outcomes.
The event will feature a special guest speaker, entertainment and a delicious breakfast. Due to COVID-19 physical distancing restrictions, ticket numbers are strictly limited and will sell quickly.
Event: Redland City Mayoral Prayer Breakfast
Date: Friday 27 August 2021
Time: Arrive 6.45am for a 7am start, event concludes 8.45am
Location: Alexandra Hills Hotel and Conference Centre – Corner of McDonald and Finucane Roads, Alexandra Hills.
Community members, businesses, government representatives and local school and church leaders are encouraged to attend.
Tickets on sale Monday 12 July 2021 until sold out. *$60 each (incl GST) *Limit to eight (8) tickets per organisation
Refer to the Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
You are invited to make a difference to the lives of the youth of Redlands Coast by lending your support, or your organisation’s support, to state school chaplaincy programs.
Other opportunities for in-kind support (non-cash contribution) towards the event will be considered.
Pastor Glen Gray Award
Nominations are now open for the Pastor Glen Gray Award – to recognise an outstanding school chaplain on Redlands Coast that has demonstrated significant social, emotional and spiritual support to students, parents and school employees.
Participation is open to all chaplains that are employed within a Redlands Coast school (State, Catholic or Independent).
To nominate, please complete the online form and ensure you have your supporting materials ready to upload.
The recipient of the 2021 award will be announced at the Redland City Mayoral Prayer Breakfast taking place on Friday 27 August 2021.
The Redland City Mayoral Prayer Breakfast will operate under a Government approved COVID Safe Event Checklist with a ticketed and QR code check in format. This format will facilitate contact tracing and manage attendance numbers.
Pre-purchased tickets are essential for entry.
To keep attendees safe, COVID safe measures will be implemented including QR code registration for contact tracing, social distancing signage, hand sanitiser stations and enhanced cleaning protocols.
When attending Redland City Mayoral Prayer Breakfast please help us to stay COVID-safe by:
- washing your hands regularly! There will be plenty of hand sanitiser stations located at the venue.
- practicing good respiratory etiquette and wear a mask if you are unable to keep distance from others
- maintaining physical distancing - keep a 1.5m distance from others at all times including in queues
- following instructions by the COVID-safe event monitors
- ensuring you check in and out of the event via the QR code to adhere to contact tracing requirements
- downloading and activating the COVID-Safe app
Please stay home if:
- you are feeling unwell, or displaying COVID-19 symptoms such as a fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath or other symptoms
- you are currently being tested for COVID-19
- you have been in recent close contact with a person who has returned a positive COVID-19 result
- you have recently travelled overseas or to a declared hotspot in the past 14 days
To pledge your support or for more information contact Redland City Council via email at email@example.com or phone 3829 8580