Becoming a member
Membership is free to residents of Redland City Council and Queensland. You can join online, or at any branch of the library.
To join online you must be 16 years of age or older and have a valid email address. If you are under 16, your parent or guardian will need to visit a branch to join you.
Library members can:
- borrow up to 20 items (books, DVDS, magazines) for four weeks
- access our digital collections including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, language learning, and research resources
- place a reservation on items to collect at a convenient time
- reserve up to 20 items
- return items to any Redland City Council Library (after hours returns are available at all branches)
- renew items up to two times if no one else is waiting for them
- access free public computers and WIFI
- print, copy and scan
- book free meeting rooms
- ask our library staff for help in person, online or over the phone
- relax in our comfortable and welcoming spaces
- learn new skills in our free programs and workshops or via our online resources
- connect with others at programs and events
- meet with friends or use our spaces for co-working and study opportunities
- explore our Local History collection of physical and digitised resources about our local area
- access our home library service if they are housebound or visually impaired.
Library membership conditions
Redland City Council values you as a member of its library services and programs. As a member, you have rights and obligations that help us deliver a great library service.
We ask you to:
- take care of all library items and materials borrowed, and ensure that the items are returned by the due date or renew the items or materials as required
- notify us of any damage to, or loss of, any library items or materials, and promptly pay any relevant fees and charges associated with any damage or loss fees should they apply
- treat library staff and other customers with respect at all times
- obey the lawful direction of library staff at all times
- take full responsibility for the supervision of your children on library premises, and your children’s selection and use of library items and services, including access to the internet
- contact us to report lost or stolen membership cards, change of details or issues associated with the borrowing of library items or materials
- be open and honest in your dealings with us
- provide feedback to help us better understand your needs.
Our commitment is to:
- listen to you and treat you with courtesy and respect
- respond to your enquiries in a timely manner
- deal with complaints fairly, promptly and professionally
- respect your privacy and keep information confidential
- continuously improve our service by proactively seeking feedback.
How to join
It is easy to become a library member – either in person, online or through our app:
- App – visit the Play store or App store and download the Redland City Council Libraries app. Joining through our app gives you immediate access to our online services and catalogue.
- Online – complete our online registration form, and you can bring identification next time you visit your library.
- In person – come to any of our libraries with identification showing your signature and current residential address.