Councillor Paul Bishop
Phone: (07) 3829 8605
Mobile: 0478 836 286
Paul Bishop is a husband, father, actor, facilitator and community representative as well as company director of Arts Evolution Pty Ltd.
His mother’s ancestors arrived to Peel Island in 1876 upon SS Gauntlet. His father was raised in Wynnum and the Bishop family played music at the local cinemas in the silent movie era.
Raised in Wynnum/Redlands, Paul has a deep connection to the people and this place which is now recognised as Redlands Coast and Quandamooka Country.
After bayside primary education, Paul went to Brisbane State High and QUT (Drama), he spent 30 years working locally and interstate as an award winning actor, then came home in 2004 and diversified his skills.
He learned the artful practice of group facilitation, co-design, collective impact and applied democracy, choosing to support quadruple bottom line community values and ecological sustainability.
Since election in 2012, Paul has worked as an independent community representative, encouraging people to explore self-efficacy and cooperative engagement, using ‘Local Community Action’ to create better futures.
Paul enjoys being a representative of civic, commercial and community design, while working alongside residents, officers and other agencies to advance the common interest.
- Placemaking Leadership Council
- Wellington Point State High School P&C
- Redlands Museum
- North Stradbroke Island Historical Museum
- Redland Sporting Club
- Queensland Social Enterprise Council
- Actors equity
- Mooroondu Soccer Club
- MATES Theatre Society
- Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club
Appointments to task forces / external organisations / committees
- Regional Arts Development Fund Committee (RADF) – Chair
- Redland Museum Advisory Committee
- North Stradbroke Island Historial Museum Advisory Committee (as proxy)
External Professional Roles
- Chair of Shock Arts Ltd (NFP)
- Advisory Group Member - Queensland Shakespeare Ensemble
News from your local councillor
You can also view the current and previous editions of Paul’s newsletter to find out more about what's going on in Division 10.