Each year, Redland City Council recognises outstanding Redlands Coast residents and community organisations through our annual Australia Day Awards.
We acknowledge high-achieving members in our community who have made outstanding contributions and have given freely of their time, knowledge and enthusiasm to promote the welfare and wellbeing across the Redlands Coast community.
Australia Day Awards 2024
Nominations are now open!
If you know of a person, group or community organisation that has made an outstanding contribution to our city this year and is worthy of recognition, nominate them for a Redlands Coast Australia Day Award.
- Citizen of the Year (18 years and over)
- Senior Citizen of the Year (60 years and over)
- Young Citizen of the Year (30 years and over)
- Local Hero Award
- Community Organisation Award
- Cultural Award
- Environment and Sustainability Award
- Sports Award
- Reconciliation Award
Click here to view details on the award critera, judging process and terms and conditions
How to nominate
- Make sure you have time to nominate
Submitting a nomination typically takes around 20 minutes. You’ll be able to save your submission and resume later if you need more time.
- Check eligibility
Make sure that:
- They are an Australian Citizen and reside within Redlands Coast; or
- If they are a group or organisation they must be located and operate in Redlands Coast.
- Nominations for minors (under 18) must have the consent and contact details of the nominee’s parent or guardian.
- They have not been a winner of a Redlands Coast Australia Day Award in the last three years.
- Gather your information
You will need the following information to complete and submit a nomination:
- A photo of the nominee.
- Any additional images, videos or documentation to support the nomination.
- Submit your nomination
- All nominees must be an Australian citizen and reside within Redlands Coast at the time of nomination.
- Nominees should satisfy any other criteria specific to each category (listed under each category above).
- Regard will be given to the nominee’s achievements in 2023, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contribution to the Redlands Coast community.
- Nominations must be made online via the official website link provided by Redland City Council.
- Groups or community organisations that are nominated must be located and operate in Redlands Coast.
- A candidate may be nominated in only one award category per nomination.
- Submitting multiple nominations for the same individual/event will not influence the nominee's chances of being selected as a finalist and/or winner.
- Nominations for minors (those under 18 years of age) must have the consent of the nominee’s parent or guardian and provide the parent or guardian’s contact detail.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- A photo of the nominee must be submitted with the nomination.
- All questions relating to the nomination of this person or organisation must be answered.
- Winners of a Redlands Coast Australia Day Award in the last three years are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominations must be received by Friday 1 December 2023. Late nominations will not be considered. No responsibility will be taken for nominations that are not received by the closing date.
- Council reserves the right to pre-select finalists in categories where a high volume of nominations have been received.
- Click here to view judging process, terms and conditions.
View more information about the 2023 Redlands Coast Australia Day winners.
View previous winners.
For more information please contact Council’s events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.