Below are the basic steps to removing a dwelling.
- Weigh up all of your options and costs.
- Purchase the removal house.
- Obtain information from a building certifier about any necessary building approvals.
- Speak to a town planner to confirm whether you need planning approval.
- Complete a Concurrence Agency Referral Form and pay the application fees.
- If the original location of the removal house is within the Redlands, apply to Council for a building referral amenity and aesthetics approval using the Concurrence Agency Referral Form.
- approval to use State roads for the relocation—contact National Heavy Vehicle Register or call 1300 696 487
- building, plumbing, electrical and other required work
- plumbing approval (through Council) for the new location
- domestic driveway crossover approval (through Council) for the new location
- water supply (through Redland Water) for the new location
- final building approval (through a private building certifier) for the new location.
Visit the application forms and fees page for more information about application requirements.