Council sponsorship offers financial or value-in-kind support to exciting events or initiatives that provide economic and community benefits to Redland City Council and our community.
Funding is available under two categories:
- minor sponsorship – Up to $15,000
- major sponsorship – $15,001 up to $30,000
Two sponsorship rounds are offered per financial year.
|2022-2023 Sponsorship||Open date||Close date|
|Round 1 2022-23||18 July 2022||14 August 2022|
|Round 2 2022-23||6 February 2023||5 March 2023|
When can I apply?
Funding round is closed.
Applications for 2023-2024 to be confirmed.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online via SmartyGrants.
Sponsorship program information kit
Applicants are encouraged to read through the Sponsorship Program Kit which provides essential information on the program, eligibility and assessment criteria.
Sponsorship benefits will apply to successful applicants in accordance with the level of sponsorship approved. Requirements will be outlined in the Funding Agreement and the Sponsorship Benefits Table.
The sponsorship program is designed to support community activities focusing on one or more of our strategic priorities, as outlined in the Redland City Council Our Future Redlands - A Corporate Plan to 2026 and Beyond [PDF, 6.2MB].
Commercial benefits provided under the sponsorship arrangement may include using Council's logo on signage, promotional material or advertising, display space and acknowledgements in speeches and media materials.
What will not be funded:
- Events of a political nature or those which incorporate any political activity/ies.
- Day-to-day operational funding for an organisation, including staff wages, rent and insurances (unless there is evidence it is an additional expense incurred by the funded project).
- Projects which begin before sponsorship is awarded (no sponsorship will be awarded retrospectively).
- Payment of debts to any entity including Council.
- Projects considered the core responsibility of other levels of government.
- Events or activities in competition or conflict with Council initiatives, local laws or permit requirements.
- Capital works or fixed structures.
- Project costs incurred outside the funding period.
- Purchase of vehicles or large capital items.
- Purchase of alcohol.
- Projects, activities or events for individuals including travel.
- Teams representing sporting clubs or organisations at state, national or international events (including uniforms).
- Project costs already supported through other Federal or Queensland Government funding.
- Projects, events or activities where the sponsorship is provided to third parties
Sponsorship must be used to hold an event or activity and not be directly passed on to a third party. However, some monies raised from a sponsored event can be provided to a Redland City charity or charities.
Applications will be assessed through a competitive process in the following two categories:
- minor sponsorship: applications seeking $15,000 or less will be assessed by an internal assessment panel.
- major sponsorship: applications seeking $15,001 or more will be assessed by an internal assessment panel and recommendations made to Council for final decision and approval.
Applications may take up to 12 weeks to assess. Major sponsorship applicants should apply at least six months before their event date.
Quandamooka Cultural Awareness Funding
Council supports the Quandamooka cultural heritage on Redlands Coast and encourages organisations to include cultural activities in their events.
Funding of up to $1,500 per event is available to support Quandamooka cultural awareness events or activities, in addition to cash sponsorship.
Funding is available as part of the Sponsorship program or by request to the Grants Coordinator, until funds are exhausted. A section is available in the Sponsorship application form should you wish to apply for Quandamooka cultural awareness funding.
It is a requirement to include a letter of support from a locally based Quandamooka organisation in your application.
The Community Grants Coordinator is available to phone you to discuss your ideas for sponsorship that has benefits for the community, provide advice on developing your application and feedback on your draft before it is submitted. Bookings are essential.
If you have any sponsorship ideas which may benefit the Redlands community, please contact the Grants team on (07) 3829 8999.
Event organiser support
Visit Council's Events Portal for everything you need to plan your event including;
- Council Venues and booking
- Event approvals and permit requirements
- Marketing and promotion
- Event suppliers
For help with running successful events, including templates, please visit Queensland Government Events.
Applicants will need to complete a Statement by Supplier form [PDF, 0.1MB] if they do not hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN). This form must be submitted with the application.
It is recommended that applicants complete a Project Plan to support their application. Use this Project Plan template [DOC, 0.1MB] which can be submitted with the application.
When acknowledging Council funding please refer to the Community Grants Program Acknowledgment Fact Sheet [PDF, 0.1MB].
For more information on setting up your invoices, please visit the Australian Taxation Office.
Subscribe for updates!
Submit your details to be added to our mailing list and stay up-to-date with the latest news and information on our community grants and sponsorship programs!