The Mayor and Councillor's Community Benefit Fund is available to individuals and organisations that are a not-for-profit incorporated association (or sponsored by one).
Funding provides small amounts of assistance to organisations with items such as equipment or incidental costs. Individuals are supported in their pursuit of excellence at a high-level.
When can I apply?
Applications open 12:00pm, Thursday, 1 July 2021.
IMPORTANT: Closure of program - The program will close 11:59pm, 31 May 2022 to allow sufficient time to assess and process applications before the end of the financial year.
Only one successful application is eligible within a six month period. Applicants must have no overdue acquittals for any Council funded grants.
Funding is available to both organisations and individuals:
- Up to $3,000 for organisations. A grant may be increased where an initiative provides a community benefit across more than one Redland City Council division.
- Up to $500 will be available for individuals selected to represent Australia in an international competition.
- Up to $250 will be available for individuals selected to represent Queensland in a national competition, or who have won at state level and are competing in a national competition.
Over a 12 month period, a total of $108,515 is available to organisations and individuals as the Mayor and Councillors Community Benefit Fund program.
The funding amount budgeted for use by each Councillor for the 2021/2022 financial year is $9,865.
** Due to changes to legislation in 2020, local governments can only allocate 0.1% of general rates revenue to Councillors' discretionary funding. This amount for Redland City Council is $108,515 and is split equally amongst Councillors.
Reading our guidelines
Public and private education institutions are ineligible to apply. Parents and Citizens' Associations are eligible to apply if they are able to demonstrate wider community benefit and undertake projects in conjunction with other community-based organisations.
Submitting your application
BEFORE you submit an application;
- Have you received funding that has not yet been acquitted? Applicants must have no overdue acquittals on previous funding to be eligible to apply. Please phone 3829 8901 if you are not sure as this can affect your eligibility status.
- Do you require written Land Owners Consent for projects occurring on Council owned or managed land, Quandamooka Country or State Government land? Please phone 3829 8999 if you are not sure as this can also affect your eligibility status.
Applications must be received at least 20 business days prior to an event/project.
Mandatory information/documentation that must be included with the application.
Organisations / Sponsoring Organisations
- Applicant Australian Business Number (ABN), OR
- A Statement by Supplier form Statement by Supplier Form [PDF, 0.1MB] if the applicant does not have an ABN.
- Incorporation number or company registration number.
- Sponsor Organisation only – Written agreement to accept the legal and financial responsibility for the project or activity. What is Sponsoring?
- Written Land Owners Consent from Council for projects occurring on Council owned or managed land. This may be applicable to applicants leasing Council premises. Please contact Council on 3829 8999 for further assistance. Grant applications cannot proceed without this consent; OR a copy of Council’s Booking Acceptance for events being held on Council owned or managed land.
- Two written quotes. Organisations must attach one quote from two separate providers for each of the items of which funding is being applied for.
- Bank account details
- An authorised representative of the organisation (eg. Chair, President or Chief Executive Officer) is to certify the application.
- Individuals – Confirmation of selection, letter of support and invitations from club/state sporting or academic body or other organisation/s.
- A Statement by Supplier form Statement by Supplier Form [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Bank account details
Applications must be submitted online.
For further information, please contact the Councillors' Support team.
Telephone: 3829 8901