The Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is a partnership between the Queensland Government and local governments. It invests in quality arts and cultural experiences across Queensland based on locally determined priorities.
RADF promotes the role and value of arts, culture and heritage as key drivers to support diversity and inclusivity, grow strong regions and provide training, education and employment opportunities for Queensland artists and local communities.
Aims of the program
The objectives for RADF 2016-17 are to:
- Support local artists, arts and cultural activities to deliver value for local communities.
- Provide opportunities for local communities to participate in arts and cultural activities.
- Invest in locally-determined priorities delivered through arts and cultural activities.
- Contribute towards current government priorities.
For further Queensland Government arts and cultural programs and opportunities please visit Arts Queensland.
When can I apply?
- Community funding for activities, projects and initiatives is now closed. The next round will open in January 2018.
- Funding for projects of up to $12,000
- Open to community one round per year
- Providing support to individual artists, groups and organisations
- Professional development (also known as Quick Response application) is now closed. The next round will open in the 2017/18 financial year.
- Funding of up to $2,000 per applicant
- Available to artists and cultural workers for professional development and career development projects
Submitting an application
Applicants will be submitted online. Application forms will be available when the round is open. Applicants must contact the RADF Liaison Officer on (07) 3829 8999 before submitting their RADF application.
Nine categories of funding available
Grants are available in nine categories:
- Developing regional skills
- Visual arts, craft and design
- Community arts and cultural development
Prior to making an application, it is important to read the Redland City Council's RADF guidelines 2016-17 [DOC 0.6MB]. This document provides essential information on categories, funding available and eligibility requirements.
Supporting documents for applicants
- RADF acknowledgement guidelines [PDF 0.1MB]
- RADF budget factsheet [PDF 0.2MB]
- RADF eligibility checklist [DOC 0.2MB]
- RADF important definitions [PDF 0.1MB]
- Insurance information for RADF applicants [PDF 0.1MB]
- RADF project outcome report [DOC 0.9MB]
- RADF questionnaire sheet [DOC 0.1MB]
- RADF tax invoice template [DOC 0.1MB]
Previous successful applicants
Refer to successful RADF applicants.
For more information, please visit RADF on the Arts Queensland website.