There are a number of application forms relevant to starting and operating a food business. Fees are also applicable to various approvals.
Council will make a decision regarding your application within 30 days and notify you once a decision has been made. We will contact you if we need additional information to process the application.
Information about starting a food business
Find specific information on Toolbox about starting a:
Below we have also provided information and forms that you’ll need to get your business going.
Forms you may need
- Starting a food business fact sheet [PDF 0.1MB]
- Food safety supervisor form [PDF 0.1MB]
- Food safety supervisor fact sheet (Queensland Government)
- Food premises - Design, construction and fit-out guide (Queensland Government)
- Food Safety Program accreditation [PDF 0.2MB]
- Food Safety Program amendment [PDF 0.1MB]
- Footpath dining application [PDF 0.1MB]
- Temporary food business [PDF 0.1MB]
Additionally download the following forms where any of these situations apply to you:
New food business in a new premises
New food business in an existing premises that is currently operating
- Health search form [PDF 0.2MB]
- Food licence transfer [PDF 0.4MB] (to be completed by new owner)
- Food business licence surrender form [PDF 0.1MB] (to be completed by current owner)
New food business in an existing premises that is not currently operating
Food safety training
Find food safety information on Toolbox, including how to get food safety training.