Council recognises it has a key role to play in enabling older adults in our community to live active and fulfilling lives.
Council is proud to offer a new grants program to support community organisations in hosting Redlands Coast events and activities during Seniors Month. Seniors Month will be celebrated state-wide in October 2021.
Redlands Coast Seniors Month Grants
Not-for-profit organisations can apply for up to $1500 from Friday 30 April until midnight Sunday 30 May 2021.
The program aims to:
- facilitate community participation;
- enhance community connections; and
- celebrate and acknowledge our older residents and their contributions to the community.
View grants information and submit your application online.
Redlands Coast Age-friendly Action Plan
The Redlands Coast Age-friendly Action Plan 2021-2026 is a five-year action plan that provides a way forward for Council, the community and government to work together to ensure that ageing on the Redlands Coast can be a positive experience where people of all ages can live active fulfilling lives.
Areas identified for action include:
- Outdoor spaces and buildings
- Social participation
- Respect and social inclusion
- Civic participation and employment
- Communication and information
- Community support and health services
The draft plan can be found on the Your Say website.
Activities and Events
Each week there are many activities available for older adults on Redlands Coast.
- What's On Calendar
- Redland Performing Arts Centre
- Redland Art Gallery
- Redland City Council Libraries
- Walking and cycling routes
The following organisations specifically offer activities and education opportunities for older people:
Council offers volunteering opportunities for older people. Please contact the following if you are interested in volunteering:
- Volunteer for Redland Animal Shelter
- Volunteer for Community Bushcare
- Volunteer for Wildlife Rescue
- Volunteer for Redland Art Gallery
- Volunteer for Citizen Science
Information and Education
Information for older adults, their families and carers can be accessed:
Assistance for Older Adults
Older adults may be eligible to access the following services:
- Home maintenance and modifications
- Rates concessions
- Pensioners concessions for rates
- Water services concessions