From 1 July 2018 Council stopped providing the Redlands Home Assist Secure service. These services have now transitioned to STAR Community Services (STAR) and St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland.
Home Assist services are funded by both the State and Federal Governments and each have different eligibility criteria and benefits. STAR has been awarded the Federal Government contract to deliver the Home Assist services funded by the Commonwealth and St Vincent de Paul has been awarded the State contract to deliver the services funded by the State.
The Home Assist services helps eligible residents live safely and independently in their own home. They are available for:
- advice and support
- information about home safety, security and repairs
- referrals to pre-qualified contractors
- home modifications (including grab rails, ramps or slip-resistant treatments)
- financial help (for eligible persons).
What support services are available in my local area?
There are a variety of services, and service providers available that you may be eligible to access. For more informaiton on services and service providers in you local area visit My Aged Care.
Who can register?
To be eligible for the State’s Home Assist Secure service provided by you must:
- Be aged 60 years or over (or aged 50 years or over if of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent)
- Possess a Commonwealth pension card
- Own or rent your own home
- Be requesting the service to address a health, safety or security issue
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) service you must:
- Be aged 65 years or over (or aged 50 years or over if of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent)
- Receive a full or part Commonwealth Government benefit
- Have a disability or need help with tasks of daily living
- Be unable to make use of other options including family, friends or Veteran Affairs
You may require a referral to My Aged Care for CHSP services.
Financial assistance may be available to cover all or part of the labour and material costs of eligible home maintenance and home modifications. Contact the provider to determine your eligibility.