Home maintenance and modifications | Redland City Council

Home maintenance and modifications

Home maintenance and modification services are funded by both the State and Federal Governments and each have different eligibility criteria and benefits. STAR has been awarded the Federal Government contract to deliver the services funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Program and St Vincent de Paul has been awarded the state contract to deliver the services funded by the State Home Assist Secure Program.

The home maintenance and modification services helps eligible residents live safely and independently in their own home. They are available for:

  • advice and support
  • information about home safety, security and repairs
  • referrals to pre-qualified contractors
  • home modifications (including grab rails, ramps or slip-resistant treatments)
  • financial help (for eligible persons).

What support services are available in my local area?

There are a variety of services and service providers available that you may be eligible to access. For more informaiton on services and service providers in your local area visit My Aged Care.

Who can register?

To be eligible for the State’s Home Assist Secure services, you must meet all these criteria:

  • at least 60 years old or of any age with a disability
  • a Pensioner Concession Card holder
  • unable to complete the work yourself because it requires technical expertise or is a risk to your health and safety
  • unable to have the works completed through alternative assistance, such as through:

To be eligible for the Commonwealth Home Support Program service you must:

  • Be aged 65 years or over (or aged 50 years or over if of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent)
  • Receive a full or part Commonwealth Government benefit
  • Have a disability or need help with tasks of daily living
  • Be unable to make use of other options including family, friends or Veteran Affairs

You may require a referral to My Aged Care for Commonwealth Home Support Program services.

Financial help

Financial assistance may be available to cover all or part of the labour and material costs of eligible home maintenance and home modifications. Contact the provider to determine your eligibility.

Help and support

For advice and support contact either St Vincent de Paul Home Assist Secure team on 3231 9020 or Star Community Services Home Maintenance Services on 3821 6699.