Coronavirus (COVID-19) update

Travel and other restrictions are set to change for Queensland, including Redland City, when 70%, 80% and 90% of the eligible population is fully vaccinated.

More information

Temporary Vehicle Access to a Park or Reserve

Driving a vehicle onto a Redland City Council controlled area is not permitted without prior approval.  Approval will only be granted where temporary vehicle access is required for an approved activity, for example resident property access, events and the access will not cause damage to our parks or public assets.

Please be aware that some activities or works may trigger the need to lodge an application for planning, building, plumbing or other associated legislation.  If the purpose of the temporary vehicle access has triggered an application as above, please ensure you provide a copy of the relevant approval (s) with this application.

Temporary vehicle access for resident access

For temporary vehicle access through a Council Park or Reserve to access your property, you must complete the Temporary Vehicle Access Application online.  You must be the property owner to be eligible to apply. To complete your application online you will need ready:

  • ID (drivers licence);
  • Vehicle details;
  • If engaging a contractor for this work, you will need to provide the contractor’s Certificate of Currently for Public Liability Insurance for $20 Million
  • any plans or building approvals, if applicable

Temporary vehicle access to a council parks or reserves may be available for other activities, subject to Council’s discretion

A Park Key Deposit of $60.00 is required to be paid when you collect the key. This deposit will be refunded to the customer on return of the park key.

Customers requesting temporary vehicle access should lodge the online form.