Christmas by Starlight, Redlands Coast’s largest free community event, will be held on Saturday 14 December 2019 at Norm Price Park – Redland Showgrounds, Cleveland.
Hosted by Redland City Council, the event has earned a reputation as one of Queensland’s best regional carols concerts and draws families from well beyond the city’s boundaries to be enthralled by a line-up of popular local artists.
The all-age family friendly event will begin at 4pm with an afternoon of free children’s activities, roving entertainment, rides and face painting. Plenty of food trucks and merchandise stalls will be on offer by local not-for-profit community groups and licensed commercial operators.
Council will partner with the Rotary Club of Cleveland to collect donations at the 2019 event for the Rotary Australia drought appeal.
Given current dry weather conditions and the plight of others around Australia, we have made the decision to not have a fireworks display this year and offer a new surprise finale.
Christmas by Starlight is an alcohol-free event.
Christmas by Starlight is a free event. Tickets to enter the event are not required.
How do I get to Christmas by Starlight?
Free event parking will be available off Long Street, Cleveland or check out some other parking areas close by. Some changed traffic conditions will be in place so please allow extra time.
By public transport
Travel by bus and train for FREE to Christmas by Starlight.
Council, in conjunction with TransLink, will provide free bus and train travel on selected routes between the hours of 2pm to the last scheduled service on Saturday 14 December 2019.
Park Road to Cleveland (a free shuttle bus will run on a loop from the Cleveland Train Station to Redland Showgrounds)
- Route 272 (Victoria Point, Thornlands, Cleveland)
- Route 250 (Redland Bay, Victoria Point, Thornlands, Cleveland, Alexandra Hills, Capalaba)
- Route 252 (Capalaba, Alexandra Hills, Wellington Point, Ormiston, Cleveland)
- Route 258 (Cleveland to Toondah Harbour)
- Route 274 (Victoria Point Jetty to Cleveland via Thornlands)
- Route 275 (Brisbane, Chandler, Capalaba inc Park n Ride, Alexandra Hills, Ormiston, Cleveland)
- Route 282 (Victoria Point to Loganholme station via Mount Cotton and Redland Bay)
You must register to get your valid Christmas by Starlight free public transport ticket. Click here to register.
For further information or to plan your journey visit the TransLink website.
What can I bring to Christmas by Starlight?
Bring yourselves and your families of course! Chairs, blankets, picnics, food and drinks can be brought in. However no glass, metal cutlery or alcohol is permitted. Please refer to the full list of allowed and prohibited items.
- Hat, sunscreen, glasses
- Picnic rug
- Small picnic and camping chair (The area closest to the stage will be reserved for blankets only no chairs)
- Cabin-sized esky up to 30L
- No Alcohol and illegal substances
- No Large Umbrellas, tents or tables
- No Glass/Sharp objects, metal cutlery or weapons
- No Bean bags, Large deck chairs or reclining chairs
- No Flammable or explosive items or liquids
- No Lasers, Laser Pointers and torches
- No Large Eskies (max size 30L)
- No Drones or unmanned aircrafts
- No pets except for service animals e.g. guide dogs and assistant dogs
- No unauthorised advertising materials
Become a sponsor
As a valued sponsor of Christmas by Starlight, you will have the unique opportunity to be associated with one of Redlands Coast’s major destination events that will benefit by receiving significant and prominent brand exposure to more than 10,000 people across Redlands Coast and South east Queensland.
For sponsor inquiries or to discuss in-kind support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food, drink and merchandise available at Christmas by Starlight
Applications for food vendors and stall holders have now closed. There is plenty on offer at Christmas by Starlight...you won't go hungry we promise! A list of stall holders will be available soon.
Special assistance and deaf interpreter
A designated section will be allocated for hearing impaired audience members that require an interpreter (upon request) for the Christmas by Starlight main concert at 6pm. To register, or for any other special assistance inquiries, please contact the events team via email at email@example.com by Friday 6 December 2019.
Expressions of interest/applications for performing artists/vocalists have now closed. Artist line-up to be announced soon.
For more information please contact Council's events team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos from the 2018 event are available on Redland City Council's Flickr account.