When visiting one of our stations, please follow these rules:
- Proof of your residential address must be shown to the gatehouse for residents disposing of waste and recycling.
- Your load must be covered and secured.
- Entry is only permitted for recycling and waste disposal.
- You must follow the recycling and waste centre staff instructions and directions, including following directions to the appropriate locations at which specified waste may be disposed and any requirements as to the disposal of such waste.
- Prohibited items will not be accepted, including flares, ammunition and explosives, and you will be required to arrange alternative disposal.
- Animals must be secured in vehicles at all times.
- You must comply with all rules, signage and directions displayed within the recycling and waste centre.
- You must park in designated areas only.
- Children under 16 years of age must remain inside vehicles at all times.
- Unlawful entry, scavenging or salvaging is prohibited.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol onsite is prohibited.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times.
- Lighting of fires is prohibited.
- Road rules, including speed limits, must be obeyed.
- Pedestrians must use footpaths where designated.
Only visit a Recycling and Waste Centre if you’re bringing recycling or waste, or have authorisation.
Scavenging is not allowed on any of our sites.
Sort your load
Save time and make the most of Council’s recycling facilities by sorting your load.
The way you load your vehicle can make your visit to a Recycling and Waste Centre safer and quicker. It also helps maximise resource recovery and reduce contamination when handling items in recycling areas.
- Try to group similar items together to make unloading easier.
- Place items of the same waste type together (i.e. green waste, timber, scrap metal, electronic waste, recycling and general waste) – organise it in a way that allows you to unload recycling first, followed by general waste.
- On utes and other open vehicles, make sure your waste is easily accessible – for your safety, do not stand on the back of your vehicle at a Recycling and Waste Centre.
Guidance for tipping vehicles
Mixed commercial and renovation waste cannot be tipped on the ground by tipping vehicles. This waste must be hand-unloaded by the customer into designated bins.
Only the following materials can be delivered by tipping vehicles:
- Clean, uncontaminated green waste and untreated timber
- Treated timber – commercial quantities accepted at Birkdale Recycling and Waste Centre only
- Bricks and concrete – commercial quantities accepted at Birkdale Recycling and Waste Centre only
- Scrap metal.
Soil - commercial quantities may not be accepted and may require prior approval, please contact Redland City Council