You do not pay fees for non-commercial use of our Recycling and Waste Centres. To gain free access, you will need to provide proof of residency (i.e. ID which has photo and address).
Residents will be charged commercial fees for any of the following situations (even if the waste is from a residential premises):
- the vehicle disposing of the waste has a Gross Combination Mass (GCM) of more than 4.5 tonnes – this includes vehicle, passengers and waste
- the vehicle and/or trailer is commercially-signed or badged
- waste is from a work site
- you are transporting the waste for a fee or a reward.
If your only vehicle is commercially-signed or you use it for commercial business purposes, you can apply for a Commercial Vehicle Waiver. Complete and submit a Commercial Vehicle Waiver form [PDF, 0.2MB].
We will assess your application and if approved:
- eight waivers will be issued
- waivers are valid for 12 months from date of issue
- no further waivers will be issued within the 12 month period
- waivers must be surrendered to the Recycling and Waste Centre staff prior to disposal.
Commercial and non-resident fees
Council fees apply for commercial use and non-residents.
Fees are based on amount of waste:
- All Recycling and Waste Centres (except for Birkdale) measure waste in cubic metres
- Birkdale Recycling and Waste Centre has a weighbridge, measuring waste in tonnes
For all fees refer to the Council fees page.