‘Make a difference. Make it Count.’
At Redland City Council our mission is to make a difference every day through the work that we do. We aim to continually improve and strengthen our ability to be an efficient and effective organisation that is more responsive to the needs of our community.
Our values support our mission. They are the essence of our identity and provide the guiding principles to our behaviour and the relationships we have with our customers and partners.
- We deliver on our commitments and provide excellent customer service
- We co-operate and collaborate within and across teams
- We support our people to perform at their best.
- We take ownership of our responsibilities
- We are professional and ethical in all we do
- We challenge ourselves to deliver better value for money
- We will be better tomorrow than we are today
- We are open, honest and constructive in all communications
Council currently provides around 120 services to the community, employing approximately 1000 staff in a range of occupations including, but not limited to:
- town planning
- environmental health
- community development
- customer service
- financial services
- technical / construction roles.
We employ staff through a merit based recruitment process, adhering to equal employment opportunity guidelines and best practice.
Our commitment to our employees is outlined in our People Strategy 2017-2020 [PDF 3MB]. It focuses on the key issues affecting our workforce now and in the future as raised by our managers and employees. It is also informed by our Community Plan and Corporate Plan.
We have a vision for creating the best workplace conditions for our people to deliver outstanding performance. This includes delivery of people management projects and initiatives for:
- attracting great people to work at Council
- keeping great people working at Council – including reward and recognition
- cultivating the best leaders to manage teams and individuals for the best outcomes and greatest employee satisfaction
- enabling our people to thrive.
The benefits of working for Council are numerous.
- A wide range of professional and leadership training programs
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flex time, and in some areas a nine-day fortnight
- Generous superannuation scheme
- Salary sacrifice of Superannuation
- Study Assistance
- Subsidised employee uniforms
- Wellness program including off site physiotherapy, yoga and skin screening
- Social club benefits for employees
- Payroll deduction including the provision of up to 5 bank accounts splits
- Rates may be paid by instalment on property owned in Redland City
- Employee Assistance Program provides counselling assistance through a range of services to all employees and their immediate families on a free, confidential and voluntary basis
- Recognition of Service – council employees recognised after five years of service and continued recognition at five yearly intervals
- Free car parking (limited spaces)
- Four weeks annual leave per year plus 17.5 per cent loading
- 15 days personal leave per year
- Generous Long Service Leave provisions with the ability to take at half pay
- Generous Maternity leave (14 weeks paid) and Spousal leave (2 weeks paid at the birth or adoption of a child) for eligible employees
- Emergency Services Leave
- Jury Service Leave
- Sporting Leave
- Study Leave
Read more about the benefits of working for Council in our downloadable guide [PDF 2MB].