We asked our people why they choose to work for Redland City Council. They said it’s about two things! Firstly, they feel connected to Redlands Coast - as a community and a truly special place. Secondly, they talk about the opportunity at Council. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to:
Improve lives, for today and tomorrow
Every role matters at Redland City Council. Together, we're serving a whole community. From vital, everyday support, to major projects and future-focused development work, you'll make a contribution that counts.
Achieve, for the community and your career
There's so much you can achieve at Council. We're big enough to be delivering large-scale, high-impact work; we're small enough that you can get directly involved. You'll rise to the challenge, solving problems and improving solutions. And you'll see the results of your work, first hand. Here, you're so much more than a cog in a wheel.
Experience variety, and grow as a result
Our people tell us they love the opportunities for varied work and experiences at Council. For some, it’s about a role with broad and diverse responsibilities. For others, it’s the opportunity to step up or move around to gain experience and broaden their horizons.
Find the right balance to bring the best you
We have high expectations of our people - more so than ever before. In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a range of attractive benefits and ongoing support programs. We also enable flexible working arrangements, where possible, to help you balance your career with life at home.
Redlands Coast - a truly special place
The natural environment
You’ll work in – and contribute to – a naturally wonderful and highly diverse environment. Redlands Coast spans the sparkling waters and islands of southern Moreton Bay and borders Brisbane, Logan and the Gold Coast. With outstanding natural beauty, diverse wildlife, and thriving residential and cultural areas, this place will captivate you.
You’ll be a city builder! Together, we’re creating and enabling a flourishing and inclusive city. That means delivering the essential services our community needs now, striving and innovating for future generations as well as supporting elected members to make informed decisions.
Whether you live locally or travel from further afield, you’ll find your place here. Our community is made up of warm, supportive and friendly people - and that feeling flows through to our relationships within Redland City Council.
Our newly created values, developed in 2020 with and for our people, represent our fundamental beliefs and what we live and seek for, to move forward and grow together as an organisation. To be the right fit for our organisation you need to live and breathe these values as they will shape the way you go about your work and your relationships with colleagues, customers and partners.
- One team
- Serve with pride
- Safety at heart
- Listen and be heard
- Own it with integrity
They support our mission, Make a Difference, Make it Count, and are the essence of our identity. We are individually and collectively committed to these values that guide our behaviours and the relationships we have with our colleagues, customers and partners.
Our employee benefits
- A wide range of personal, professional and leadership development programs
- Study assistance
- Generous superannuation scheme (upon a mandatory 6% employee contribution after 12 months of employment, Council contributes an additional 2.5% of salary for a total employer contribution of 12% of salary)
- Salary sacrifice of superannuation
- Wellness program - includes free physiotherapy, ergonomic services, nutritionist services as well as subsidies for yoga and massages and access to the Council Fitness Passport membership (providing access to multiple facilities for employee and their families)
- Employee Assistance Program - provides a range of counselling services to all employees and their immediate families, as well as access to a 24/7crisis line
- Social club benefits
- Payroll deduction - can accommodate up to five bank accounts splits
- Flexibility on rates payments - may be paid by instalment on property owned in Redland City
- Generous leave benefits
Benefits are subject to your position at Redland City Council and individual terms and conditions.
Interested in joining our team?
Find out more about current opportunities and how you can be part of Redland City Council.