Petitions allow the community to bring matters of concern to Council's attention. Council can be petitioned for any matter that comes under its jurisdiction. A petition must be received by Council seven (7) days prior to the meeting at which it is to be presented.
- makes a request of Council, or expresses an objection or viewpoint
- has the specific details of the request appear on each page of the petition
- is signed by ten or more persons
- contains the name and contact details of the Principal Petitioner
- includes the postcode of all petitioners
How to complete a petition
- Download our Petition to Redland City Council form [PDF 40kB]. This form can also be obtained in person at our customer service centres.
- State your request of Council or action required.
- The petition must be signed by the principal petitioner and all supporting petitioners.
Where to send a petition
The petition should be:
- posted to Redland City Council, PO Box 21, Cleveland QLD 4163
- handed in at our Cleveland, Capalaba or Victoria Point Customer Service Centre.
What happens next?
- A petition to Redland City Council will be presented by the relevant divisional councillor to a General Meeting of Council.
- The petition cannot be debated at the meeting where it is presented.
- The subsequent options for a petition are outlined in Council Meetings Standing Orders (POL-3127) - refer to Item 6.11 Petitions/Presentations.