The Redland Youth Plaza is a large outdoor recreation space where young people can skate; ride bikes; attend events; and enjoy sport, art and other social activities.
The plaza is located on Old Cleveland Road, Capalaba. It boasts one of the biggest skate and BMX facilities in Queensland.
Skate and BMX facilities
The plaza's world-class skate and BMX facility provides enjoyment and challenge to skaters and BMX riders of all skill levels.
The facility includes:
- a 100m long street run with ledges, hubbas, steps and gaps
- a feature bowl area containing a 6-8 foot bowl with pool coping, hips, sub box, sub rail and stepped back vert wall
- larger connecting plaza with a 12 stair, 8 stair, big 4, access ramp gap, garden gaps, flat bar, manual pads as well a multitude of timber, steel, paved and concrete ledges.
Sporting, cultural and social activity
Integrated facilities that provide for sporting, cultural and social activity include:
- a rage cage for ball sports, including basketball
- art and exhibition space with permanent mounting posts
- numerous social spaces for informal gathering and art displays.
The plaza space can accommodate large events, like skate and BMX demos and music festivals.
- large event capacity
- night-time lighting covering the entire facility
- elevated skateable stage for events
- tiered viewing and seating spaces throughout
- major performance stage with three phase and event infrastructure including a large lawn court
- shade over the stage and seating area.
- Toilet and shower facilities for competition and pro-skaters
- Storage room, meeting room and event management office