Councillors' Small Grants are available to individuals, and organisations that are a not-for-profit incorporated association (or sponsored by one).
Funding provides small amounts of assistance to organisations with items such as equipment or incidental costs. Individuals are supported in their pursuit of excellence at a high-level.
When can I apply?
Applications for the Councillors' Small Grants can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
Only one successful application is eligible within a six month period. Applicants must have fully acquitted previous grants to be eligible.
Funding is available to both organisations and individuals:
- Up to $3,000 for organisations. A grant may be increased where an initiative provides a community benefit across more than one Redland City Council division.
- Up to $500 will be available for individuals selected to represent Australia in an international competition.
- Up to $250 will be available for individuals selected to represent Queensland in a national competition, or who have won at state level and are competing in a national competition.
Over a 12 month period, a total of $250,000 is available to organisations and individuals as Councillors' Small Grants.
Read our guidelines
Full program details including information on categories, funding available and eligibility requirements are available in the Community Grants and Sponsorship Guideline [PDF 1.24MB]
It is important you read this document prior to making an application.
Public and private education institutions are ineligible to apply. Parents and Citizens' Associations are eligible to apply if they are able to demonstrate wider community benefit and undertake projects in conjunction with other community-based organisations.
Submitting your application
Applications must be received at least 20 working days prior to an event/project and two written quotes must accompany applications to be eligible for funding.
Applications can be emailed, hand-delivered and posted.
- Hand-delivered to either of our customer service centres (open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm):
- Cleveland - corner of Bloomfield Street and Middle Street.
- Capalaba - Capalaba Place, Noeleen Street.
- Post to:
Councillors' Small Grants Program
Attention: Executive Officer
Office of Mayor and Elected Members
Redland City Council
PO Box 21
- Email to: email@example.com
If you do not have an Australian Business Number (ABN) it is mandatory that you submit a Statement by Supplier Form [PDF 0.1MB] with your application.
For further information, please contact the Office of the Mayor and Councillors.
Telephone: 07 3829 8901