Redlands Coast Youth Week 2022
Redlands Coast Youth Week 2022 is a collaboration between Redland City Council and local youth organisations including The Cage Youth Foundation, YMCA Victoria Point, Redland Community Centre and Redlands PCYC.
- Tuesday 5 April - The Cage Youth Foundation in partnership with Celebrate Learning are hosting a free Youth Day Out: Obstacle course, soccer darts, art and more. The Cage Youth Foundation, 882 German Church Road, Redland Bay 10am-2pm.
- Wednesday 6 April - The LINK YMCA Youth Centre in partnership with Headspace and Traction are hosting a Skate Park Jam at Cascade Gardens Skate Park, Colburn Avenue, Victoria Point - from 1pm.
- Wednesday 6 April - Redlands PCYC in partnership with Blue Light and the Queensland Police Service are hosting a movie night at Dunwich State School, Minjerribah - from 5pm-8pm.
- Thursday 7 April - Redland Community Centre will be hosting Cocoa and Canvas (paw paw painting) at the centre on Loraine Street, Capalaba from 6pm-8.30pm (event for those 18-25 years old) - limited tickets available. Reserve your ticket here - Cocoa and Canvas Paw Paw painting
- Friday 8 April - Redland Community Centre will be hosting Cocoa and Canvas (sunflower painting) at the centre on Loraine Street, Capalaba from 6pm-8.30pm (event for those 18-25 years old) - limited tickets available.
- Friday 8 April - The LINK YMCA Youth Centre will be hosting Amplify Jam Night at the LINK YMCA Youth Centre, 128 Link Road, Victoria Point from 5pm.
Need further information? Follow the above youth organisations on Facebook for more details on Redlands Coast Youth Week 2022.
Redlands Coast Youth
Council recognises that young people make a significant contribution to the social, economic and cultural life of our community. Council is committed to the safe places and spaces in the city that accommodate the needs of young people and advocates for young people in the Redlands to learn, earn, and participate in the community.
The Redland Youth Strategy 2015-2020 is a living document that outlines Council's strategy for considering the needs and experiences of young people in our planning processes. The strategy focuses on five key commitments:
- Safe spaces, safe places
- Things to do
- Learning and earning opportunities
- Participation and connection to the community
Council organises, or supports community organisations to undertake, many initiatives throughout the year for Redlands Coast Youth. These include workshops, school holiday activities, forums, community events and opportunities for young people to have their say. Ways to connect with Council and the community:
Council's youth social media channels:
School holiday activities: sign up for Council's school holiday activities. A range of activities are available for all ages.
Other community organisations and activities, youth services: for information on youth services and activities available on Redlands Coast search My Community Directory.
Planning tools: information on tools created to support the Redlands Youth Strategy. Find the full list of planning tools and documents.