The Redland City Plan is an important policy instrument which guides growth, land use and development in Redland City. Council is committed to ensuring the City Plan remains consistent and relevant in response to changing community needs, legislation and other factors. This will be achieved through an ongoing program of feedback, review and amendments.
In Queensland, the Planning Act 2016 regulates land use planning and associated processes of plan-making and development assessment. A component of the Planning Act 2016 is the Minister's Guidelines and Rules, which outlines the process for making and amending planning instruments which apply for a local government area. The requirements of the process vary depending on the type and scale of change proposed for the planning instruments. For example, major amendments requiring additional stages such as public consultation and State interest checks. More information on plan-making processes can be found by referring to the Queensland Planning System website and the Making and Amending Local Planning Instruments under the Planning Act 2016 Fact Sheet on the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning website.
For any proposed major amendment to the City Plan, public consultation is an essential part of the process which gives you the opportunity to have your say. Council will consider all properly made submissions received during the consultation period before an amendment is progressed, and notify submitters about how their submissions has been dealt with.
A properly made submission must:
- be made to the Chief Executive Officer, Redland City Council and received during the consultation period
- state the name and residential or business address of each person (the submission-makers) who made the submission
- state the grounds for the submission, and the facts and circumstances relied on to support the grounds
- states one (1) postal or electronic address for service relating to the submission for all submission-makers
- be signed by each submission-maker unless the submission is made electronically.
Submissions to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement on proposed major amendments to the City Plan during the public consultation period can be made:
- Redland City Plan Amendments submission form
- by email to Council (please include the amendment title in the subject line)
- in person at one of our Customer Service Centres
- by post to Redland City Council, PO Box 21, Cleveland QLD 4163
For further information and updates about amendments to the City Plan please vist the Redland City Plan Amendments portal or contact Strategic Planning Team on (07) 3829 8999 or email email@example.com