New Council site rules
To keep workers safe, Council has introduced new site rules. Long sleeve shirts and long trousers must be worn when undertaking work at external field sites. The rule applies to Council workers, contractors and labour hire.
The new site rule will be enforced from 1 July 2017.
For further information phone: (07) 3829 8353
Contractor registration and inductions
All contractors and sub-contractors are required to complete a safety induction before entering Redland City Council worksites. It is important that prior to undertaking any work related duties the new contractor fully understands all aspects of health and safety for the work place.
Redland City Council has two levels of contractor induction to be undertaken before entering its work sites; a contractor registration process and the site specific induction provided on the first day of work by Councils' Contracts Supervisor or the appointed Principal Contractor.
Level 1: Contractor registration
1. Download and review the Redland City Council health and safety documentation:
- A-Z of Health & Safety standards [PDF, 2.0MB]
- A-Z health and safety standard Bulletin 2014-1 [PDF, 0.1MB]
2. Contractors are to complete and sign the WHS Contractor Registration form (F-3040-060-001) [PDF, 0.1MB]
3. Send the completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
4. Retain a signed copy of the Contractor Acceptance Statement. This must be kept with you when working at Redland City Council.
5. Once the registration has been accepted, Council will generally register the Contractor for three years.
6. Contractors must undertake a site specific induction at each site they work at prior to commencing work.
Level 2: Site-specific induction
A site specific induction is conducted when a contractor first arrives on site, prior to entering the worksite. The induction provides the contractor with an orientation to site amenities and provides site-specific safety information (i.e. RCC policies that apply, emergency procedures, hazards of worksite).
Safety and Wellbeing Unit
Redland City Council
PO Box 21, Cleveland
Phone: (07) 3829 8365