Save energy at home
Saving energy benefits the environment and your budget. Here are three ways to save energy at home:
- Turn off lights that aren’t needed, and use energy-efficient bulbs
- If you need air-conditioning, set the temperature to 25 degrees Celsius
- Do your laundry using only cold water, and dry them on a clothes line
Australian and state government websites offer useful information:
Save energy at work
Businesses of all sizes can reduce costs, save energy and improve their environmental performance by adopting energy efficiency practices.
Increase the energy efficiency of the business to protect the environment and save money. Simple measures include:
- Maintaining electrical equipment
- Purchasing energy efficient products
- Checking for leaks from air compressors
- Adopting an environmental management plan.
For useful tips and guidance, Queensland Government offers energy-saving ideas for business