Our Future Redlands - A Corporate Plan to 2026 and Beyond
Council on 16 December 2020 adopted its new corporate plan, Our Future Redlands - A Corporate Plan to 2026 and Beyond and the plan commenced on 1 July 2021.
Our Future Redlands introduces a new city vision – Naturally wonderful lifestyle. Connected communities. Embracing opportunities – and describes seven goals for 2041 that are supported by initiatives and catalyst projects.
The seven goals are City leadership, Strong communities, Quandamooka Country, Natural environment, Liveable neighbourhoods, Thriving economy and Efficient and effective organisation.
Each is supported by projects and initiatives that lay the foundations for their achievement.
Catalyst projects include:
- a Redlands Coast Adventure Precinct to add to the sport and recreation activities in the area
- opportunities to harness new forms of energy from Council’s waste water treatment plants
- investing in active transport through improved cycling and pedestrian facilities
- revitalisation of Cleveland Central Business District
- a Redlands Health and Wellness Precinct
- dual naming way-finding signage that incorporates Quandamooka Jandai language
- a shared vision for Birkdale community land, Willard’s Farm and the Tingalpa Creek Corridor
- a Minjerribah/North Stradbroke Island Coastal Walk between Point Lookout and Cylinder Beach
During the six-week consultation period for the plan a total of 3660 people were engaged, with 583 submissions received from predominantly Redlands Coast residents (95 per cent) across all age bands, including those who have historically been difficult to engage, such as under 18-year-olds and 18- to 25-year-olds.
Previous Corporate Plans:
- Corporate Plan 2018-2023 [PDF, 1.1MB]
- Corporate Plan 2015-2020 [PDF, 1.2MB]
- Corporate Plan 2010-2015 [PDF, 6.7MB]