This option is for vehicle offences only.
If you have been issued with a penalty infringement notice for an offence committed by someone else, you can nominate that person as the responsible offender.
Following are some examples of this situation:
- A vehicle was being driven by a person other than the registered owner.
- The offending vehicle had been sold prior to the offence date.
- A business employee was responsible for the vehicle offence.
How to nominate someone else
Complete and submit a statutory declaration nomination form [PDF 0.2MB]
The form must be:
- completed by the registered owner of the vehicle, as detailed on the infringement notice, and include:
- a comment explaining why the person is being nominated as the responsible offender
- the full name, address, date of birth, driver’s license number and contact details of the nominated person
- signed by a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Declarations
- submitted to Redland City Council before the payment due-by date via post to:
Redland City Council
GPO Box 1956
Brisbane QLD 4001