Redland City Council makes it quick and easy to pay your rates with a variety of payment options like online, BPAY or by telephone. Council preferres following contactless payments methods:
Options for paying your rates online:
- Scan the individual QR Code from your rates notice to automatically provide your reference number.
- Quick Pay - a fast and easy way of paying without logging on to our full service.
- Log on to your account - and if you do not have an account, you can register by clicking on the Log on link and follow the instructions
How to pay your rates online through MyServices
Pay via your bank or financial institution - online, telephone or in-branch.
- Use Redland City Council’s BPAY biller code: 53058
- Include the reference number on your rates notice
Contact Redland City Council: 1300 300 943 (24hrs, 7 days a week).
- Local call cost (within Australia).
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
Other Payment methods
To set up a direct debit for your rates, please complete the Direct Debit Request [PDF 1.0MB]
Submit the form via:
- Post: Redland City Council, PO Box 21, Cleveland, Qld 4163
- Scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (07) 3829 8765
Further details of this service are outlined in the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement [PDF 0.1MB]
Post a cheque, credit card authority or money order to:
Redland City Council
PO Box 21
Cleveland, Qld 4163
From overseas – post to the above address, with bank draft in Australian dollars only.
Over the counter
Visit a Customer Service centre at the following locations:
- Council Administration Building – Bloomfield Street, Cleveland
- Capalaba Place – Noeleen Street, Capalaba
- Victoria Point Library- High Street, Victoria Point
For our Customer Service centre opening hours and mapped locations refer to our Contact us page.
Refunds and payment transfers
Rates refunds and payment transfers may be available if an overpayment or an incorrect payment has been made to a rate account.
Overdue rates and interest
Rates and charges must be paid by the due date.
Interest will be charged on overdue rates at 8.03 % a year compound, calculated on daily charge balances until full payment is received.
Sometimes circumstances make it difficult to pay rates. Contact us so we can discuss your situation and make a suitable arrangement for payment.
For more information, contact Redland City Council at:
- Telephone: (07) 3829 8999 – ask for the Revenue Collections Team
- Email: email@example.com
If an arrangement is not made, and full payment of rates is not received by the date shown on the rates notice, the overdue rates will attract interest compounded daily and could result in legal action being taken.
Please note that if an overdue rate has remained unpaid for three years (or for a mining claim, three months), Redland City Council can sell the property to recover outstanding rates.