Using Redland City Council's web recruitment system you can apply for jobs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from anywhere, using a range of electronic and mobile devices.
You can also login and view the status of all the jobs you have applied for, register for job alerts, and track the progress of your application throughout the recruitment process.
Register on Web Recruitment to receive job alerts.
Please read our frequently asked questions below for more information.
Applying for positions through Redland City Council’s Web Recruitment system.
Web Recruitment is a software solution that supports the entire recruitment lifecycle.
Whilst many of the benefits of Web Recruitment are internal to Council, including a reduction in paper based applications, faster turnaround time for our recruiting managers and a reduction in risk of human error, there are also significant benefits to you as an applicant:
- You have immediate access to advertised vacancies
- You’ll be able to login and track all the jobs you’ve applied for, including your application
- You can set up job alerts to ensure you never miss out on viewing vacancies for suitable roles within Redland City Council
- Visit our web recruitment website.
- Login and click on the Job Alerts button on the top left hand side of the screen and complete the necessary fields.
- As soon as a job that relates to one of your preferred job categories is advertised, an email will be sent to you.
- This email will contain a link that will take you to the job vacancy webpage.
If you don’t have an alert set up, you will need to:
- visit our web recruitment website and login
- click on the vacancy you are interested in
- follow the links provided to apply for the position.
All Redland City Council vacancies are advertised on our web recruitment website.
The confirmation code will be sent to the email specified in your registration process and only lasts for a short time. You may re-submit a request for a confirmation code if you haven’t been able to get back to the registration process in time. Please ensure that your registration contains your correct email address.
- Click on the relevant advertisement and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Click Open next to Vacancy Details or Position Description to open a PDF copy of the Position Description.
You will receive an automated email on receipt of your application. If you do not receive an acknowledgement email within a few minutes, check your Junk Mailbox.
Each job advertisement includes contact details for the recruiting officer. If you are after specific information about the position, please contact this officer.
If the information you require is related to the application or recruitment process, please call our Recruitment & Selection Team on (07) 3829 8231 or email us at email@example.com.
All job advertisements close at 11.59pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) on the date indicated on the advertisement.
No. You may begin the online application process and save your attachment(s) as a draft, then return to it at a later date to fully submit your application. Please note: if you have not fully submitted your application prior to the close date, your application will not be considered.
Login to the website then:
- click on the job under Your submitted, or incomplete, job applications
- click Modify if you wish to add/delete any attachments
- follow the prompts and click Submit Application.
You will then receive an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application.
To withdraw your application, please login to the website then:
- click on the relevant position under Your submitted, or incomplete, job applications
- click Withdraw on the top left hand corner of your screen
- click Confirm Withdraw on the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
You will then receive an automated email confirming that you have successfully withdrawn from the position.
You can remove yourself as a registered user by logging in to the website and clicking the Unsubscribe button on the top left hand corner.
By registering for a ‘Job alert’ you will know when a suitable vacancy is being advertised. Redland City Council does not accept any unsolicited applications.
Yes. You will receive an email notification if you are not successful in progressing to the interview stage. If you would like feedback on your application, please contact the recruiting officer who was listed on the job advertisement.
Once a job has closed it is not possible to submit a late application online.
By subscribing to our Job Alerts you will be emailed as soon as a suitable vacancy arises. Remember, the vacancy will disappear off our website at 12.00 midnight on the closing date and applications will no longer be able to be processed after this time.
Tip: Allow plenty of time prior to the closing date to prepare and submit your application, particularly if the recruiting officer is requesting selection criteria-based applications.
If you require further assistance after reading through our FAQs, contact our Recruitment & Selection Team:
- by phone on (07) 3829 8999 between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A member of our Recruitment & Selection Team will respond within two business days. Please include your contact details, reference number of the position, and a full description of your query.
Please note: applications will not be accepted through the above email address.
- Applying for Council jobs
- Creating a resume-based application
- Selection criteria
- Benefits of working for Council
- Employment programs