Redlands Coast Trade Delegation to India
In January 2024, Redland City Council will be leading a Redlands Coast trade delegation to two key events in India:
- Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM) 2024 Chennai, India 7–8 January 2024; and
- Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS) 2024 Gandhinagar, India 10–12 January 2024.
We sought expressions of interest from local businesses interested in exploring trade and export opportunities in the Indian market to join us.
Terms and Conditions of participation in this trade delegation.
Expression of Interest has now been closed.
Australia and India's strategic partnership was solidified with the historic Australia-India Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (ECTA) signed in December 2022.
This game-changing agreement – the first India has ever signed with a western nation – eliminated tariffs on more than 85% of Australian exports to India and 96% of imports from India.
Economic ties between Australia and India now present significant opportunities for trade, export and bi-lateral investment across a variety of sectors, including:
- Renewable energy
- Sport technology
Why Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM) 2024?
The Indian state Tamil Nadu has experienced remarkable economic growth over several years.
As India's second-largest economy, Tamil Nadu has become one of the most business-friendly destinations in India due to its strategic location, favourable regulatory environment, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and proactive government.
The Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM) – a biennial event that attracts global investors, businesses, and government representatives offers a unique opportunity to promote your products and services to a diverse international audience.
Why Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS) 2024?
As one of India's wealthiest states, Gujarat boasts the nation's fourth largest economy despite being only the ninth most populous. It has a population of around 70 million people.
The Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit is India's premier global business summit. The event provides a golden opportunity for you to connect and forge ties with potential business partners, industry leaders, and government officials from around the world.
Benefits of being part of the Redlands Coast Trade Delegation
Joining our trade delegation is your business' passport to a thriving environment where ideas flourish, partnerships are forged, and investments take root.
- Expand to India: Explore opportunities in one of the world's fastest-growing markets.
- Tailored program: Redland City Council, in partnership with Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) will create a customised program to maximise benefits during the Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM) and the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit events.
- Networking: Connect with industry leaders, government officials, and potential partners.
- Trade and investment opportunities: Discover sectors with high growth potential for trade and investment.
- Knowledge exchange: Gain insights into industry trends, market dynamics, and business strategies.
Both global trade events are an ideal platform for those wishing to forge new international collaborations, expand existing market presence, or tap into India's dynamic consumer base.
Indicative Delegation Schedule
- Day 1: Arrival in Chennai, market briefings and networking
- Day 2: Tamil Nadu Global Investors Meet (GIM)
- Day 3: Business-to-Business (B2B) meetings and networking; Depart for Ahmedabad
- Day 4: Arrival in Ahmedabad; market briefings and Optional Tech Show
- Day 5: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS)
- Day 6: VGGS, Business-to-Business (B2B) meetings and networking
- Day 7: VGGS Closing ceremony and tailored program according to individual business objectives
- Day 8: Depart for Australia
Please note the schedule above is indicative only. The schedule will be finalised once the EOI process has concluded.
EOI submissions for the Redlands Coast Trade Delegation to India
We anticipate letting you know if you have been successful in securing a spot on the delegation by Friday 17 November 2023.
Please note, limited numbers apply and this delegation is self-funded, meaning businesses are responsible for their own airfares, accommodation, transfers, visa and personal costs.
Submitting an expression of interest does not constitute a commitment on your part to join the delegation. If you would like more information please contact Council's Strategic Partnerships team by email or call 3829 8999.