Connection, disconnection and relocation | Redland City Council

Connection, disconnection and relocation

  • Please note the cut off date for new applications in FY 21/22 is Wednesday 1 June 2022. Any applications submitted after 1 June 2022 will be processed within 20 business days from 1 July 2022 to ensure that customers are being charged rates as per the financial year that the works will be completed.
  • All CURRENT quotes in that financial year will be honoured and payments can be accepted as per normal.
  • If your property is on a road that is managed by the Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR), you are required to submit copies of plans certified by a Registered Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ). These will be required to apply for necessary permits from DTMR before carrying out work and the assoicated costs will need to be included in the quote. You will need to engage your own RPEQ engineer to draft and certify the design for DTMR. The design should show detailed connections, fittings and depth of the service (a cross-section showing the location of underground pipework in relation to the kerb and channel).

How do I apply for a new connection or relocate/disconnect my current connection?

All new water and sewerage connections/relocations and disconnections require an application to be submitted and a quote will be forwarded for payment.

Prior to submitting your application please ensure:

  • You have attached the required plans or approvals as per the application form.
  • Your property has been surveyed and the pegs are clearly visible.
  • All obstructions are clearly marked on your plans including existing services – both on the footpath and within your property, large trees or shrubs that cannot practicably be removed and retaining walls.

Additionally, for commercial applications you must ensure:

  • You supply the relevant Operational Works (OPW) or Reconfigure a lot (RAL) approvals.
  • All drawings supplied must be 'for construction' and with the correct Redland City Council specific drawing notes for live connections.

To connect, relocate or disconnect your water and/or fire service, please complete the Online Water Application – Connection, Alteration and Disconnection form

To connect, relocate or disconnect your sewerage service or to raise or lower an existing manhole, please complete the Online Wastewater Application – Connection, Alteration and Disconnection form

To submit an application via mail or in-person visit Forms and documents for water supply and sewerage and download the PDF form, print and submit with the supporting attachments.