The Southern Moreton Bay Islands (SMBI) Integrated Local Transport Plan (ILTP) provides strategic direction for transport planning on the bay islands.
The ILTP focuses on delivering efficient and effective transport infrastructure and services for the SMBI communities.
The guiding principle of the ILTP is to improve accessibility and connectivity between the islands and the mainland. It also informs land use planning and development.
While the SMBI ILTP remains a current strategic plan, transport planning across the SMBI is being undertaken as part of Council's broader transport planning for Redland City.
Supporting studies and submissions
Several important studies informed the review of the SMBI ILTP, including:
- Weinam Creek Social and Economic Impact Assessment and Management Plan [PDF, 1.3MB]
- Southern Moreton Bay Islands Travel Survey, including:
- Southern Moreton Bay Islands Water Transport Alternative Route Study [PDF, 1.5MB]
Various submissions were also considered during the review process for the plan, including:
- Brisbane Southside Public Health Unit submission [PDF, 0.3MB]
- Community and Social Planning Group, Redland City Council submission [PDF, 0.2MB]
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation’s (DEEDI) Brisbane Southside Centre submission [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Russell Island Association - submission on Pedestrian and CycleWays [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Our Parking Spot submission [PDF, 4.1MB]
- SMBI Forum submission [PDF, 0.2MB]