Council supports the installation of tribute seats, plaques or planting of tribute trees in public open spaces or parks in Redland City, if you would like to recognise someone special please complete our Tribute Enquiry Form or contact our Civic and Open Space Asset Management Unit on (07) 3829 8999.
Please indicate at least two location preferences.
For Tribute Plaque and Tribute Seat applications Council will:
- discuss applicable seat locations and/or locations for a new tribute seat
- discuss inscription wording and provide a draft/ proof of the tribute plaque
- provide confirmation of installation
For Tribute Tree applications Council will:
- discuss applicable locations for tree planting
- discuss tree species
- provide confirmation of installation
Please note: Tribute applications are unavailable at the following parks due to sufficient tributes installed.
- All Coochiemudlo Island
- Beth Boyd Park, Thorneside
- Shore Street North Foreshore, Cleveland
- Cleveland Point Recreation Reserve, Cleveland
- Wellington Point Recreation Reserve, Wellington Point
- Orana Esplanade Foreshore Park, Victoria Point
- Orana Esplanade Park, Victoria Point
- Capalaba Regional Park, Capalaba
- GJ Walter Park, Cleveland
- Raby Esplanade Park, Ormiston
- W. H. Yeo Park, Victoria Point
- Victoria Point Recreation Reserve, Victoria Point
- Thornlands Community Park, Thornlands
- Raby Bay Foreshore Park, Cleveland
- Aquatic Paradise Park West, Birkdale
Please note: Tribute park seats, tribute plaques and tribute trees may NOT be installed on North Stradbroke Island due to several other projects being processed/undertaken by the traditional owners and infrastructure cannot be guaranteed at this time. Areas of North Stradbroke Island are also protected by Cultural Heritage and Conservation Management Plans including;
- Point Lookout, North Stradbroke Island
- Cylinder Beach, North Stradbroke Island
On this page:
- $3,003.05 (Mainland) inc. GST
- $3,603.70 (Island) inc. GST
Tribute park seats carry an inscribed plaque with your tribute text. In return for your contribution, we provide the following for an initial 10 year term:
- park seat
- tribute plaque inscription
- graffiti and damage repairs and replacement.
After this term, you may renew the arrangement with another financial contribution (as required by Council policy at that time). All tribute park seat requests are subject to Council approval.
Contribution - $189.50 inc. GST
You can arrange to have a plaque with your inscription attached to an existing park seat for a 10-year term. We recommend using park seats less than three years old from the date of installation for tribute plaques. Your choice of park seat is subject to approval from Council.
Your contribution covers plaque installation, maintenance, graffiti and damage repairs during the 10-year term.
Plaque size and inscription guidelines
The tribute plaque can be a maximum of 100mm long by 50mm high. Your inscription may contain up to 3 lines of text with 36 characters per line, including spaces.
Tribute inscriptions should honour the person recognised. To be approved, the wording should be uplifting and kept in the present tense.
Inscriptions that indicate lifetime may not be used, as Council does not allow memorial or commemorative plaques in its parks or on park furniture. For example, 'Jo Smith - In loving memory, 1950-2016' would not be approved. However, you may instead have, 'Remembering Jo Smith'.
Examples of approved inscriptions
Sharing your love of the bay
Your family and friends
Brisk walks - thoughtful talks
For Sophie & Gary
Much love from family and friends
Contribution - $240.25 inc. GST
Tribute trees are available as an alternative to a tribute park seat or plaque. Inscribed plaques are not available for tribute trees.
Council will work with you to find and agree on a suitable plant species and location for your tribute tree. All tribute tree requests are subject to Council approval.
All tribute seats, plaques and trees are subject to Council approval and the terms and conditions set out in our guidelines.
Contribution amounts apply for the current financial year.