Below is a list of wall-mounted sharps containers in the Redlands as well as the list of waste transfer stations that have sharps bins.
Note: Commercial and medical operators will not be able to use these facilities and must make their own arrangements.
Containers taken to waste transfer stations must be sealed, rigid-walled and puncture resistant.
Wall-mounted sharps containers
- Peace Park. Toilet block (mens/womens)
- John Fredericks Park, Toilet block (mens/womens)
- Library, Capalaba Place, Toilets (mens/womens/disabled)
- Woolworths Carpark, Toilet block (mens/womens)
- Stradbroke Ferries Terminal, Toilet block (mens/womens)
- Library Building, Toilet block next to café (disabled/mens/womens)
- Library (internal), Toilets (disabled)
- Council Administration Building, Ground Floor, Toilets near gallery (mens/womens)
- Dunwich Boat Ramp, Toilet Block
- Toilet block Next to Pioneer Park Hall (mens/womens)
- Jetty Toilet block (mens/womens)
- Weinam Creek Boat Ramp, Banana Street Toilet block near Ferry Terminal (mens/womens)
- Pye Lane, Toilet block (mens/womens)
Waste transfer station sharps bins
Sharps bins are installed at the following waste transfer stations:
Birkdale Waste Transfer Station
537-609 Old Cleveland Rd East, Birkdale
Redland Bay Waste Transfer Station
761-789 German Church Rd, Redland Bay
North Stradbroke Island Waste Transfer Station
East Coast Rd, Myora
Russell Island Waste Transfer Station
Davidson Rd, Russell Island
Macleay Island Waste Transfer Station
Eastern Rd, Macleay Island.