Practical information to help you prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters is available in the Redland City Disaster Plan.
Before a disaster
Before a disaster strikes:
Familiarise yourself with disaster information for your suburb or island, including:
- evacuation information and routes
- safe places in your neighbourhood
- roads that may flood
- emergency services
- natural hazards and critical infrastructure
- demographic information
- suburb overview, history and major features.
Flood impacts and safety tips
During a disaster
During a disaster:
After a disaster
When a disaster strikes, stay connected:
- Tune into warnings on 612 ABC Brisbane and Bay FM 100.3 radio.
- Follow live updates on council's news site, Twitter and Facebook.
- Follow event-specific hashtags on Twitter and Instagram.
Stay up to date with Bureau of Meteorology weather warnings during cyclones, severe storms, flood and storm surges.