Reporting urgent matters to Police
Call Triple Zero 000 if the matter is an emergency and you require a Police, Ambulance or Fire to attend immediately, because:
- Crime is happening now.
- Someone is seriously injured.
- A life is threatened.
- The offender is still in the area.
Reporting non-urgent matters to Police
If the incident is non-urgent, and you don’t require the Police, Ambulance or Fire to attend immediately, because:
- Crime is not happening now.
- Crime is not life-threatening, this includes:
- Wilful property damage
- Break and enter
- Stealing offences
- Stolen vehicles
- Lost property (e.g. lost phone, wallet, jewellery etc.).
Non-urgent matters can be reported to Police in the following ways:
- Online via Queensland Police Service website
- By phoning Policelink on 131 444 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- By phoning Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000 if you have information to help solve a crime.
In person or by phoning your local Police Station:
- Capalaba Police Beat - 07 3433 3355
- Cleveland - 07 3824 9333
- Dunwich - 07 3409 6020
- Point Lookout Police Beat - 07 3409 8627
- Redland Bay - 07 3829 4111
- Wynnum Police District Traffic Branch - 07 3433 3319
- Wynnum Police District Crime Prevention - 07 3308 8180.
Reporting non-Police matters
Non-police matters can be reported to Council for action by phoning 07 3829 8999, these include:
- Illegal Dumping
- Abandoned vehicles
- Shopping Trolleys
- Animal-related complaints
- Faulty street lights
Graffiti and vandalism of Council owned property can be reported through Vandaltrak
Stay up to date
To find out about community safety news subscribe to myPolice Bayside to read about news, local crime and alerts.
Connect with other community safety organisations.