For the latest COVID-19 updates visit the Queensland Health website.

More information

Report a safety or security issue

Reporting urgent matters to Police

Call Triple Zero 000 if the matter is an emergency and you require a Police, Ambulance or Fire to attend immediately, because:

  • Crime is happening now.
  • Someone is seriously injured.
  • A life is threatened.
  • The offender is still in the area.

Reporting non-urgent matters to Police

If the incident is non-urgent, and you don’t require the Police, Ambulance or Fire to attend immediately, because:

  • Crime is not happening now.
  • Crime is not life-threatening, this includes:
    • Wilful property damage
    • Break and enter
    • Stealing offences
    • Stolen vehicles
    • Lost property (e.g. lost phone, wallet, jewellery etc.).

Non-urgent matters can be reported to Police in the following ways:

In person or by phoning your local Police Station:

Reporting non-Police matters

Non-police matters can be reported to Council for action by phoning 07 3829 8999, these include:

  • Illegal Dumping
  • Litter
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Shopping Trolleys
  • Animal-related complaints
  • Potholes
  • Faulty street lights
  • Graffiti

Graffiti and vandalism of Council owned property can be reported through Vandaltrak


Stay up to date

To find out about community safety news subscribe to myPolice Bayside to read about news, local crime and alerts.

Connect with other community safety organisations.