Olympics Live - presented by Westpac
Experience the Tokyo Olympic Games live, as you cheer on your favourite sports stars on the big screen and celebrate with family and friends at Redlands Coast's live site.
Hosted by Redland City Council, the live site will be set up in Bloomfield Street Park, Cleveland from Saturday 24 July 2021 to Friday 30 July 2021.
The live site will feature spectator seating and a large LED screen broadcasting all the excitement of the Tokyo Olympics from 10am to 4pm daily.
Special community celebration event – Sunday 25 July
On Sunday 25 July, head down to the special community celebration from 9.30am-10am prior to the Olympics Live broadcast at 10am.
The event will feature former Olympian Andrew Trim, local two-time local Paralympian Daniel Fox, Ranger Stacey, sporting groups and more on stage and in the park.
The special community celebration also coincides with the Cleveland Markets, so you and your family can make a day of it by supporting our many local businesses, restaurants, cafes and market stallholders.
Olympics Live - Presented by Westpac
When: 10am - 4pm, Saturday 24 July to Friday 30 July 2021.
Where: Bloomfield Street Park, Cleveland
What: Free live-stream of the Tokyo Olympics on the big screen.
Special Community Celebration event details
When: 9.30am-10am Sunday 25 July 2021.
Where: Bloomfield Street Park, Cleveland
What: Community celebration featuring former Olympian Andrew Trim, local two-time local Paralympian Daniel Fox, Ranger Stacey, sporting groups and more on stage and in the park.
Olympics Live will operate under a Government approved COVID Safe Event Checklist. This format will facilitate contact tracing and manage attendance numbers.
To keep attendees safe, COVID safe measures will be implemented including QR code registration for contact tracing, social distancing signage, hand sanitiser stations and enhanced cleaning protocols.
When attending Olympics Live please help us to stay COVID-safe by:
- washing your hands regularly! There will be plenty of hand sanitiser stations located around the event.
- practicing good respiratory etiquette and wearing a mask if you are unable to keep distance from others
- maintaining physical distancing – keep a 1.5m distance from others at all times including in queues
- following instructions by the COVID-safe event monitors
- ensuring you sign into the event via the QR code to adhere to contact tracing requirements at the event
- downloading and activating the COVID-Safe app
Please stay home if:
- you are feeling unwell, or displaying COVID-19 symptoms such as a fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath or other symptoms
- you are currently being tested for COVID-19
- you have been in recent close contact with a person who has returned a positive COVID-19 result
- you have recently travelled overseas or to a declared hotspot in the past 14 days
How do I get there?
Travel by train to Cleveland, with a short walk across the road to Bloomfield Street Park, Cleveland.
For further information or to plan your train journey visit the TransLink website.
Free parking will be available in Cleveland.
Some changed traffic conditions will be in place so please allow extra time.
Bloomfield Street will be closed to traffic due to the Cleveland Markets on Sunday 25 July.
What can I bring?
Bring yourselves and your families of course. Chairs, blankets, picnics, food and drinks can be brought in. However, no glass, metal cutlery or alcohol is permitted.
Please refer to the full list of allowed and prohibited items.
- Hat, sunscreen, glasses
- Picnic blanket
- Small picnic and camping chair (The area closest to the stage will be reserved for blankets only no chairs)
- Cabin-sized esky
- No Alcohol and illegal substance
- No Large Umbrellas, tents or tables
- No Glass/Sharp objects, metal cutlery or weapons
- No Flammable or explosive items or liquids
- No Lasers, Laser Pointers and torches
- No Drones or unmanned aircrafts
- No unauthorised advertising materials
It is a condition of entry for all event attendees that the prohibited items are not brought into the event venue. This is for the safety, security and comfort of all event attendees.
Illegal items will be confiscated
Non-illegal items that are prohibited at the event will need to be removed and taken back to the event attendees vehicle.
Olympics Live at Bloomfield Street Park is wheelchair accessible.
For any other special assistance inquiries, please contact the events team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact the events team via email at email@example.com.