If you decide to provide food and/or alcohol at your event, you may need to apply for various licences and permits.

Providing food

If you have food vendor operators serving or selling food and refreshments at your event, they may need to obtain a Temporary Food Business Licence.

Generally, food businesses that involve the preparation of food do require a licence. Some exemptions apply to not-for-profit organisations, the sale of packaged foods and the sale of whole fruit and vegetables.

If you’re unsure whether you need a food licence, contact Council’s Environmental Health Team at rcc@redland.qld.gov.au or on (07) 3829 8999.

Mobile food businesses (e.g. ice cream or kebab vans) must hold a licence in Queensland. As the event organiser, it’s your responsibility to ensure that all food vendors are licensed.

Food businesses can apply for a licence by completing the Temporary Food Business Licence form [PDF, 82KB] submitting it to Council at least four weeks before the event.

This form includes the food hygeine standards for a temporary food business.


If you intend to sell or serve alcohol at your event, you may need to apply to the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation for a permit.

Note that, if you hold your event at a Council venue, some liquor permits will require Council’s non-objection endorsement on the original application before you submit it.

For application forms and assistance, contact the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation on 13 74 68.