This page gives an explanation of fees for residents, non-residents and commercial operators.
All fees are available from the Council fees page.
You do not pay fees for non-commercial use of our waste transfer stations. To gain free access, you will need to provide proof of residency (i.e. ID which has photo and address).
We charge commercial fees for any of the following situations:
- Your vehicle has a Combined Gross Vehicle Mass more than 4.5 tonnes – this includes vehicle, passengers and waste
- Your vehicle and / or trailer is commercially-signed or badged
- Your waste is from a work site
- You are transporting the waste for a fee or a reward
If your only vehicle is commercial-signed or you use it for commercial business purposes, you can apply for a Commercial Vehicle Waiver. Complete and submit a commercial vehicle waiver form [PDF, 0.2MB].
We will assess your application and if approved, a total of eight waivers will be issued. We only issue those once in any 12 month period. Approval will need to be received before arriving at a waste transfer station.
Commercial and non-resident fees
Waste transfer station fees apply for commercial use and non-residents.
Fees are based on amount of waste:
- All transfer stations (except for Birkdale) measure waste in cubic metres
- Birkdale transfer station has a weighbridge, measuring waste in tonnes.
For all fees refer to the Council fees page.