What's my bin day?
Redland City Council now has an online tool to help remind you of your collection day. Simply click on the link below; enter your suburb, street and house number and presto - you now have details of you waste and recycle collections for your property.
Frequency of collection
- Waste bins are collected every week
- Recycling bins are collected every two weeks
- Greenwaste bins (mainland only) are collected every two weeks, on the alternate week to recycle bins
- Bulk bins are collected on a timetable agreed between a body corporate and Redland City Council
Important tips for collection day
- Place your bin on the kerbside before 6.00am on your collection day
- Keep a 50cm gap between your bins so the collection truck can pick them up
- Position your bins away from obstructions such as cars, power poles and trees
- Ensure your bin is not too heavy – our trucks are unable to collect bins heavier than 70kg
- Only put permitted items in your bins – see what goes in each bin
- Try not to over-fill your bin, the lid must be fully closed
- Don’t compact the waste in your bin as it may not empty into the truck
- Grass clippings in the waste bin should be bagged otherwise they will swell and get stuck - do not bag grass clippings in your green waste bin.
Missed bin collection
If your bin has not been emptied on collection day, please contact Redland City Council within 24 hours:
- Tel: (07) 3829 8999
- Online: submit your details on the bin request form
Please note that we cannot provide a return collection if your bin:
- was not on the kerb by 6.00am
- contained non-permitted items
- was heavier than 70kg
- was too compacted to empty completely
Please avoid such situations for your next weekly collection.
You may also want to visit your local waste and recycling centre – residents must show photo ID with their address for free waste disposal.