When Council needs to acquire goods and services, it will request tenders or expressions of interest.
When the intended expenditure is more than $220,000 (including GST), Council must invite public tenders (unless there is an exception under law).
Tenders and expressions of interest are open to the market for at least 21 days.
Finding current tenders
We advertise open tenders in one or more of the following locations:
- Council’s current tenders page
- Redland City Bulletin
- The Courier-Mail
- other applicable media/journals.
You will also find upcoming tender opportunities on the website.
We encourage you to register as a supplier on the:
- Local Government Association of Queensland's Local Buy website
- Queensland Government's QTenders website.
- Local Buy's VendorPanel
Set an alert to receive notifications of opportunities that may interest you.
You can also register for tender notifications with surrounding councils, and state and federal government, as we can utilise arrangements established by these entities.
Finding awarded tenders
You’ll find details of awarded contracts valued at over $200,000 on Council's website.
How to submit a tender
To learn how the tender process works:
- view our section on the tender process
- download the Preparing tender documentation guide [PDF, 258KB], which includes a checklist to ensure you include everything.
If you have queries about opportunities at Redland City Council, contact Council's Procurement Services Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Contacting councillors or other officers about a tender is forbidden and will result in your tender being excluded.