Redland City Council has developed a State Election Advocacy Plan that outlines priority projects and initiatives required for Redlands Coast.
Overview of Advocacy Plan priorities and projects
1. A connected community
- duplication of the Cleveland rail line
- full upgrade of Cleveland-Redland Bay Road corridor
- delivery of Eastern Busway to Capalaba
- the adoption of innovative transport solutions such as Autonomous Transport
- upgrade of Rickertt/Green Camp Road between the Redlands and Brisbane
- active transport infrastructure and end of trip facilities.
- Better Internet connectivity
- connecting key businesses in the region with internet fibre in Cleveland, Capalaba and Victoria Point.
2. Liveable neighbourhoods
- a clearer, more prescriptive planning framework
- a longer-term state infrastructure plan
- removing the cap on how much Councils can charge developers for infrastructure so it is funded by industry, not ratepayers.
- Redlands Coast Adventure Sport Precinct (Olympic standard canoe-kayak venue)
- regional sports and recreation precinct
- increased funding for social services – particularly homelessness, DFV and ageing services
3. Sustainable environment
- electricity and water security for the Southern Moreton Bay Islands
- support for Redlands Koala Conservation Strategy and local koala sanctuary/health facility
- support for the Mosquito Management Action Plan 2019-2024 including financial support for annual monitoring and management.
4. Thriving economy
- more planning and funding for North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah) as it undergoes significant economic transition from sandmining
- funding of critical upgrades to ferry terminals at Dunwich and One Mile
- classification of the Southern Moreton Bay Islands as eligible for regional funding due to isolation and socio-economic challenges
- support for a local hydrogen industry
- funding for Redlands Coast tourism, including funding a marketing campaign and facilities
- locating State Government offices on Redlands Coast
- funding for a Redlands Coast Health and Wellness Precinct
- State Government reimbursement of bulk water costs for concealed water leaks.
Read the full State Election Advocacy Plan.