This image was adopted in 1995 as part of the Vision 2005, a community consultation process which developed a blueprint for the future growth of the Redlands.
It brings together those aspects of the City that Redlanders say they treasure most:
- Clean air
- Bushland, and
- Sailboats to celebrate the bayside lifestyle
And never out of sight is the Redlands rich wildlife – as depicted by the koala – cleverly formed from all of the other design elements.
The colours used also have great meaning to the community.
- Red represents the red soil and poinciana blossoms
- Green, the abundant bushland
- Blue, beautiful Moreton Bay, and
- Yellow, the extensive foreshores
The style of the identity shows a progressive and forward-looking organisation through the use of striking colours and clean, contemporary lines.