Applying for Council positions
Council's recruitment practice
Redland City Council employs staff through a merit based recruitment process, adhering to equal employment opportunity guidelines and best practice. To apply for a vacancy with Council you are required to address the selection criteria included in the Applicant Information Kit
Where Council positions are advertised
Advertisements may also appear in the following media and websites:
- Brisbane’s Courier Mail
- The Bayside Bulletin
- The Redland Times
Applicant Information Kit
Applicant information kits for advertised positions can be accessed via the Council website or by emailing our People and Change Department at JobInfo@redland.qld.gov.au
. Alternatively you can also call and request this information at 07 3829 8435
The applicant information kit will include:
- Job Advertisement
- Position Description
- Instructions on how to address selection criteria
Preparing your application
When applying for positions with Council, you may be required to include a statement addressing the relevant selection criteria as outlined in the Applicant Information Kit. In this kit, we have also included instructions to assist you with how to address selection criteria.
Lodging your application
You can lodge your application with Council by either online or by post:
- Online. Click on Jobs at Council link and fill in the online form for the relevant job
- Post. Send your application to Redland City Council, People and Change Department, PO Box 21, Cleveland QLD 4163
Assessment of your application
- On receipt of your application, Council will email or post you an acknowledgement letter.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the next stage of the process, whether that be telephone interview, face to face interview or assessment.
- Those applicants not shortlisted will be notified in writing by email or post.
- Once the process is complete, members of the selection panel will contact the referees of the most competitive applicant/s.
- The successful applicant will be made a verbal job offer which will be confirmed in writing.
- Those applicants that took part in the selection process, but were unsuccessful, will be advised verbally by a member of the selection panel.