Applying for Council positions
Council's recruitment practice
Redland City Council employs staff through a merit based recruitment process, adhering to equal employment opportunity guidelines and best practice. To apply for a vacancy with Council, please download the relevant advertisement and position description and follow the application instructions provided.
*Please note: Council is only able to accept applications for currently advertised positions.
Where Council positions are advertised
All Redland City Council vacancies are advertised on our Jobs at Council page.
Advertisements may also appear in the following media and websites:
- Brisbane’s Courier Mail
- The Bayside Bulletin
- The Redland Times
Preparing your application
Lodging your application
You can lodge your application with Council either online, e-mail or by post:
- Online. Click on the Jobs at Council link, view our current vacancies, sign in and follow the applicable application instructions.
- Post. Send your application to Redland City Council, Human Resources Department, PO Box 21, Cleveland QLD 4163.
- E-mail. E-mail your application to email@example.com stating the position title and reference number in the subject line.
Assessment of your application
- On receipt of your application, Council will email or post you an acknowledgement letter.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the next stage of the process, whether that be telephone interview, face to face interview or assessment.
- Those applicants not shortlisted will be notified in writing by email or post.
- Once the process is complete, members of the selection panel will contact the referees of the most competitive applicant/s.
- The successful applicant will be made a verbal job offer which will be confirmed in writing.
- Those applicants that took part in the selection process, but were unsuccessful, will be advised verbally by a member of the selection panel.